MagNet is a powerful simulation software which engineers and scientists worldwide use for the design of motors, sensors, transformers, actuators, solenoids or any component with permanent magnets or coils.
Be more efficient. Virtual prototyping can save both time and money. Multiple configurations can be explored quickly, providing insight into performance for design improvements which reduce costs.
MagNet offers both 2D and 3D electromagnetic field simulations, all within the same user friendly interface:
- Frequency dependent (AC)
- Time varying, including the effects of moving components
- Simulate the magnetization process for permanent magnets
- Freeze the permanent magnet magnetization for use in other simulations
- Modeling nonlinear surface impedance
- Native import from Pro/E, Solidworks & others
ADD ON MODULES:
ElecNet uses the finite element method to solve for the electric field strength, forces, capacitances and other quantities. ElecNet can simulate static, AC and transient electric field and current flow problems.
ThermNet 2D/3D simulates the steady-state and transient temperature distribution of specified heat sources. Couple with MagNet and ElecNet for accurate magnetic-thermal analysis and electric-thermal analysis, including heating effects due to eddy current and hysteresis losses
Automated design optimization option to MagNet, ElecNet & MagNet-ThermNet coupled together. OptiNet can find optimal values for different design variables within a specified design space.
- System Model Generator: create accurate response surface models (RSM) in VHDL-AMS or Simulink for multi-domain system simulations
- Trajectory Evaluator: simulating the trajectory of a particle over time
- MagNet Plug-in for Simulink© and MagNet Plug-in for PSIM : Co-simulations of the dynamic control system and the electromagnetic device